Friday, April 10, 2009

Home for the week

Maddie and I have been in and about the house for the past few days - WOW, what a change in this little one! She is officially acting the part of a one-year old, chalked full of opinions, frustrations, excitement, won't stay still for anything... Madelyn has been reading up a storm - she is much more able to sit through and engage with a book or two than just a few weeks before, and seems to be enjoying reading on her own as well (see pictures).




Yesterday Madelyn threw a full on tantrum because when I wasn't looking she started to eat an avocado through the rind... when I found her, she had already chewed her way right on in to the good stuff. I took the rind out of her mouth and she lost it! It took me at least 20 minutes to find a substitute that she would accept- see the apple pictures. For only having 6 teeth, this girl can do some damage! She ate half a large apple, with me nervously watching over her. The chomping must have felt good on her molars that are trying to poke through! Madelyn carried the apple around all afternoon like a well-deserved prize.


No comments:

Slideshow