Thursday, October 2, 2008

Visit with the G-team



Well, Michael is in Portland for 2 weeks, taking a few appraisal classes. We are fortunate enough to have my parents here for those 2 weeks to help out and visit with Maddie and myself! They (all 3) have been having loads of fun while I'm at work! Swimming, checking out the candy store, longs walks, lots of practice crawling, an introduction to bouncing balls, etc. We have been i-chatting with Papa each night - Maddie is excited to see Michael and was reaching for his beard on the screen last night.

Last weekend my parents, Madelyn, and myself went up to the Shuptrine's garden and picked MASSES of tomatoes. Also cucumbers (see Maddie's teething toy!), carrots, spinach, swiss chard, and beets. Yum! We have been processing tomatoes all week: dehydrated, blended and frozen, tomato pudding (my dad's recipe, surprisingly GOOD!), and of course fresh with basil.

Fall colors are in full swing in Jackson! Lots of dramatic stormy clouds, bright yellows and a few oranges... the drive to work is never more beautiful!

No comments:

Slideshow